Our property was selected in February 1874 by Henry and Susan Watts. They left England in search of gold and after spending time on the Ballarat Gold Fields, travelled north and selected 365 acres of farm land at Coonooer Bridge.
The farm has been passed down through 7 generations and expanded significantly over the years. Livestock and cereal cropping have always been the primary enterprises through the generations and remain so to this day. Glengower spans over 3000 acres and is home to over 5000 sheep and cattle.
Glengower is now managed by Glenda and Denis and their son Glenden. Whilst attending University in Geelong, Glenden was delivering meat to family and friends when he returned from uni holidays. Now he travels over 900km a month delivering farm-grown lamb and beef to families and businesses across Victoria who continue to enjoy the quality and taste that is Glengower Meats.